Potential career outcomes
- Frontline Sales Manager
- Line Manager
- Production Manager
- Sales Team Manager
- Team Leader
The Course Material provided by Open Colleges Pty Ltd is based on the legislative framework provided and maintained by the Australian Government. Any reference to legislation, Australian Standards, Codes of Practice and guidelines for industry will be based on the use of the appropriate Australian legislative framework.
|Qualification name||BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management|
|Course duration||Maximum 18 months|
|Assessments||Case studies, Demonstrations, Portfolio of evidence, Presentations, Projects, Questions, Written reports|
|BSBMGT401||Show leadership in the workplace|
- Model high standards of management performance and behaviour
- Enhance organisation's image
- Make informed decisions
|BSBLDR403||Lead team effectiveness|
- Plan to achieve team outcomes
- Lead team to develop cohesion
- Participate in and facilitate work team
- Liaise with management
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
- Create opportunities to maximise innovation within the team
- Organise and agree upon effective ways of working
- Support and guide colleagues
- Reflect on how the team is working
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures, and programs to meet legislative requirements|
- Provide information to the work team about WHS policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor participation arrangements for managing WHS
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for providing WHS training
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures and legal requirements for identifying hazards and assessing and controlling risks
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for maintaining WHS records for the team
|BSBMGT402||Implement operational plan|
- Implement operational plan
- Implement resource acquisition
- Monitor operational performance
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement|
- Implement continuous improvement systems and processes
- Monitor and review performance
- Provide opportunities for further improvement
|BSBCUS403||Implement customer service standards|
- Contribute to quality customer service standards
- Implement customer service systems
- Implement team customer service standards
|BSBWOR404||Develop work priorities|
- Plan and complete own work schedule
- Monitor own work performance
- Coordinate professional development
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
- Define project
- Develop project plan
- Administer and monitor project
- Finalise project
- Review project
|BSBINM401||Implement workplace information system|
- Identify and source information needs
- Collect, analyse and report information
- Implement information systems
- Prepare for information system changes
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
- Collect, analyse and communicate information and ideas
- Develop trust and confidence as leader
- Develop and maintain networks and relationships
- Manage difficulties into positive outcomes
|BSBLDR401||Communicate effectively as a workplace leader|
- Identify context for communication
- Clarify message and engage communication
- Take follow-up actions
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course.
You will need to be at least 18 years old.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study this course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies.
You can access the Language, Literacy and Numeracy tool here.
Jeremy has had an extensive 17 year career in the hospitality and security sectors, during this time Jeremy has held several seniors positions within both industries. He is a qualified chef, CLGCA accredited trainer of RSA and RCG courses and a NSW food authority approved food safety trainer. Within the security sector, Jeremy has worked throughout Australia and held a number of senior positions. Currently, Jeremy is operating his own consultancy business, HSCServices, which specialises in HR, training and development, risk management, security and hospitality consultancy services. Jeremy is also a Justice of the Peace, licensed security consultant, security instructor and Investigator.
Lee CuffLee has worked in the clerical industry for over 20 years. Specifically, her focus has been on small business management. Lee gained her Bachelor of Vocational Education and Training and focused her skills by training students in the classroom as well as by distance learning. She has teaching experience in all aspects of business and training and assessment. She is currently the CEO of a Registered Training Organisation and specialises in the compliance and management of the RTO. Lee is also a small business owner herself, working at a cafe and catering business.
Tony is an experienced Work Health and Safety professional with over 18 years of industrial and projects experience (engineering, construction and manufacturing), and demonstrated expertise in the implementation, auditing and compliance of HSEQ management systems; along with proficiency in Training and Assessment of Australian Adult Vocational Education. Tony is currently undertaking his masters of Occupational Health and Safety and a licensed Auditor. He is also a fellow Member of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management and an associate member of the institute of Environmental Management and Assessment.
Enrol Online via EduPay - the Trusted and Secure enrolment gateway preferred by thousands of students
EduPay provides you with a simple and easy-to-use online application and enrolment process. You can choose your preferred payment plan and method, and reduce your time to enrol in a course.
If you need assistance with your enrolment, you can speak to an Education Advisor on +61 2 8318 5158 .